Friday, March 11, 2022

Easter Card using the Key Hole Technique


When I began thinking about a design for an Easter card, my mind went directly to the beautiful pastels of the Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper (DSP) of Hand Penned Petals.  Since purple is my favorite color, I went with Highland Heather colors

I had the inspiration for making a keyhole card for Easter from Stamp with Lorraine on YouTube and changed it up a bit after CASEing.  The measurements and instructions are on this episode where she will show you how easy it is to make this card! It's a standard A4 card base at 5-1/2' x 8" 1/2 and scored at 4-1/4".  The DSP is 5-1/4" x 4".  

"A Keyhole Card has an opening in the card front that allows you to see to the inside of the card. There are several ways to do this, starting with a basic card base and layer of DSP or cardstock. Choose a punch or die that will cut a solid shape, like a window, add a focal point and you are done! "


Colors:  Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Gorgeous Grape ribbon, Whisper White, Pool Party, Mint Macaron.

I embossed a 1-1/2" strip with polka dots because it reminded me of candy for some reason LOL. Checks & Dots Embossing Folder helped me create this polka dot look.

I have opened the card so that you can see what it looks like and how you can see through the front to the inside of the card.  The inside of the card is the focal point for the outside of the card.  

I used the Everyday Label Punch for the keyhole.  For the sentiment and the tag I used the Trio of Tags that are now on CLEARANCE.  

Stampsets:  Hand Penned Petals and Celebrating You for the Happy Easter sentiment.    


The punch and the embossing folders can be accessed by clicking the photos.



Here is the set of cards I made in about an hour. I can’t wait to mail these to my family and friends! 





Since the cardstock seemed a little dark for the inside using Highland Heather as the base, I went and used the Stitched Shapes die cuts and selecting the largest square so that you can write a message inside and see it clearly.  These are now retired and I HOPE that you grabbed them before they left! But you can use any die cut you wish to complete the look.  Search some cool die cuts here!

So what do you think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment