Thursday, March 17, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #FMS527


My Freshly Made Sketches challenge #527.  I looked at the sketch and immediately thought of using the Abstract Beauty 4 x 6 Specialty Designer Series Paper #158039Each week, one member of their design team creates a sketch for you to try.  The challenge is to follow their sketch while keeping your project clean-lined and fresh. 
 

I used basic white cardstock at 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4". Using the sketch below, I cut some matching paper from the Abstract Beauty DSP into three rectangles measuring 2-1/2" x 1". I used a white scrap measuring 5-1/2 x 2" and embossed it with Meadow Moment Embossing Folder to match my butterfly theme idea. I then used scraps from the Abstract Beauty DSP again for the butterfly punch (retired).  
.

I usually check out the Freshly Made Sketches Blog every Wednesday or soon thereafter for a new challenge sketch idea.  Their schedule is:  

Wednesday - a new sketch is posted (check their blog in the link above or on Facebook or Instagram)
Monday - challenge ends at 3pm eastern
Tuesday - Winners announced

I'm going to try this out for a few weeks and report back to you!  I think this is a fabulous idea!  I may sell my cards I make on Etsy.  Search for my creations at Tracy on the Prairie (TracyonthePrairie)




3 comments:

  1. I love the mix of DSP with the color-block rectangles. So eye-catching! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your patterns! Thank you for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete